Knowledgebase: Getting Started
How do I sign up with the least amount of downtime?
Posted by Support, Last modified by Support on 13 April 2009 11:27 AM
This is fairly easy to accomplish.|
Most important is that you do NOT notify your current hosting company as of yet. Here is a step by step guide:
(1) You need a hosting account with AISO.Net. You can order a hosting account by submitting an order here: http://www.aiso.net
(2) After your account has been setup, you will receive an account setup email within an hour or two after signing up. You can then upload your files and create your email accounts. Make sure your web site is working on our servers using the temporary URL that you received in the setup e-mail.
(3) Now point the domain name to our name servers (DNS servers)(we can help you with that) and wait until the changes have propagated which takes about 24 hours. Then if you are transferring the domain name to us,Â you can go ahead and request a domain transfer with your domain registrar You will be sent a transfer email once you sign up that will provide you with our name servers or you can email us back with your login information for your domain registrar account, and we will make the changes for you.
(4) About 24 to 48 hours later, your domain should be pointing to your new hosting account withÂ AISO.Net and your website as well as emails should still be up and running without any problems. Please make sure to check your e-mail addresses at your old hosting company as well as us, during the 24 to 72 hour period after you have switched your DNS servers in step 3.
(5) After the few days have passed by, just to make sure your domain points to yourÂ AISO.Net hosting account everywhere in the world, you can now cancel your old hosting account with your old hosting company / e-mail provider.