Adding pictures to your site is a great way to stand out. There are various ways you can add attractive images to your website.
Use the Picture Gallery Widget
With the Picture Gallery Widget, you no longer have to drag and drop individual photos and resize them on your site, or use a third party application to create a photo gallery. The Picture Gallery Widget automatically creates an attractive clickable thumbnail picture gallery.
1. Drag the Picture Gallery Widget onto your page (you'll find it in the "Basics" section of the Widgets menu).
Visitors to your site don't have to navigate between pages to view your gallery, because each image can be clicked and maximized without leaving the page. To scroll through your gallery, visitors can simply click on the picture or click "Next" tab in the top right corner. To scroll back to the previous picture, visitors can click "Prev" in the top left corner.
Here's how to start creating your Picture Gallery:
2. Upload a new image, or browse through the uploaded files in your File Manager.
3. You can edit your gallery layout, margins and hover text by clicking "Edit" in the top left corner of the widget.
- To upload a picture from your computer: Click on "Upload New Images". You will be able to browse your computer's folders to select a file to upload. Select the file, click "Open" and it will automatically be uploaded to your gallery.
- To add pictures that have already been uploaded: Click on "Browse Uploaded Images" and select the image from the File Manager. Select on the uploaded picture file you want to add, click "OK" and the picture will be added to your gallery.
- To upload multiple pictures at the same time: Hold down "ctrl" (for PC users) or the "cmd" key (for Mac users), while clicking on the pictures you would like to upload. Click on "Select" in the bottom right corner to upload the images.
Use the Picture Widget
1. Drag and drop a Picture Widget onto your page. The Picture Widget is located in the "Basic" folder of the Widgets menu.
2. A dialog box will pop up. You will have the option to upload images from your computer or choose from images which have already been uploaded to your File Manager. You can also opt to search through our Fotolia library by clicking on "Find Stock Images" and purchase images to help add a professional look.
For this example, we will upload a picture from the computer. Click on the first option: "Upload New Image".
3. Another dialog box will pop up and you will be able to browse your computer's folders to select a file to upload. Please Note: The example shown here has been done on a Mac, the file selection dialog boxes will vary depending on which operating system is being used.
4. After you have clicked on "Select", the picture will be added to your page and it will also be stored in your File Manager.
Use the Text Widget
Using the Text Widget allows you to insert a number of pictures in the same text box. You can add as many pictures in a row as your chosen style will support. Separate each picture by one or two spaces for the best results:
1. Drag and drop a Text Widget onto your page. The Text Widget is located in the "Basic" folder in the Widgets menu.
2. Click on the "Insert Image" button on the Text Editing Toolbar (the icon that looks like a green tree in a picture frame, roughly in the middle of the toolbar).
3. The File Manager will open up and allow you to browse for and select an image as described above.
4. You will be able to wrap the text and pictures within the Text Widget by clicking on the picture you just added, and then clicking various Text Wrapping buttons on the Text Editing Toolbar.